Thursday, June 17, 2010

Introducing: Andrea Yates!

Look at those cups, aren't they fantastic? Don't you look at them and suddenly see yourself in a gorgeous, modern all white and blue kitchen drinking tea? (while looking out over your ocean view?) Well, that is what I see when I look at Andrea Yates' ceramics. They are so simple and delicate, yet have fabulous designs on them and are sturdy enough for the dishwasher and microwave. How does she do it? Maybe she learned the secrets when she was an artist in residence at Guldagergård International Ceramic Research Center in Skælskør, Denmark. (I just had to throw that in there, because I love the name Guldagergård) Well, someday when I have my house with an ocean view, I plan on having a whole set of Andrea's dishes, cups and bowls. I hope that day comes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment