Thursday, June 25, 2009

Emily Jungden

Emily Jungden is a whiz with jewelry--most especially with enamel. If I kept every piece of her jewelry that I wanted, I would have an Emily Jungden museum! Here she is to introduce herself..

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to make things. Whether it was sitting in my grandmother's sewing room putting together Barbie clothes, or doodling paper unicorns, the spirit of creativity has always been a part of what I do. I took a metalsmithing class as an elective in college and instantly I fell in love. Whether it is the meticulous process, or the satisfaction of the finished product, I am drawn to this medium. I also have a background in printmaking, which I think is reflected in the strong graphic nature of the colors and shapes of the jewelry I create. I always try to have fun with my work, and my goal is that the person who buys my jewelry loves wearing it as much as I love creating it.


Don't forget to check out her emmy-ray blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment